JAN AROGYA YOJNA: HEALTHCARE SCHEME TO BE LAUNCHED BY PRIME MINISTER

JAN AROGYA YOJNA: HEALTHCARE SCHEME TO BE LAUNCHED BY PRIME MINISTER

October 6, 2018 0 By theindianblogger

Yet other promising and revolutionary scheme by the Modi Government to be launched on September 23, but the same will come in operation on September 25 on the birth anniversary of Jay Sangh co- founder Deendayal Upadhyay.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ambitious healthcare scheme Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna from Jharkhand on Sunday.

ABOUT THE SCHEME:

This is an ambitious scheme that will cover health insurance for over 100 million families for any amount worth Rs. 500,00 each and every year. It is deemed that the 27 states and the Union Territories will join the healthcare scheme. Somewhat 5 to 6 states have yet not signed to the scheme so they will not be able to avail the facilities under this scheme. However there is an optimistic view that these states will also come board in just 2 to 3 months. Across the nation 15,000 hospitals both from the private and public sector have come up to get empanelled for the scheme that aims to provide health insurance to 107.4 million poor families, that is supposed to constitute about 40 percent of India’s total population. Out of theses 15000 hospitals, half the hospitals that is 7500 hospitals are from the private sector.

Not only this the scheme intends to do a bit in the infrastructure arena also. Under this scheme the Prime Minister will also lay foundation stone for medical colleges at Chaibasa and Koderma. He is to inaugurate 10 health and wellness centers. It is expected that the government expects and will work to bring thousands of new hospitals in the coming five years in the 2 tier and 3 tier cities. Apart from the inaugural ceremony he will address the gathering there to motivate him with his enlightening talks and motivate them towards health and wellness programs. Adding to the fact this whole scheme adds to the Rs. 3500 crore of current fiscal burden.

It is the world’s largest government healthcare program, it will get 60 percent of the fund from the Central government and the remaining 40 percent of the funding will be from the state government. It is dream project for the well being so money is just not the concern. Also special and diligent care has been taken on the information technology aspect so that the system does not face any hindrances. The original software has been already tested in the state of Telangana and any issues have been resorted in the trial process.

It is expected that the government expects and will work to bring thousands of new hospitals in the coming five years in the 2 tier and 3 tier cities. Apart from the inaugural ceremony he will address the gathering there to motivate him with his enlightening talks and motivate them towards health and wellness programs. Adding to the fact this whole scheme adds to the Rs. 3500 crore of current fiscal burden.

It is the world’s largest government healthcare program, it will get 60 percent of the fund from the Central government and the remaining 40 percent of the funding will be from the state government. It is dream project for the well being so money is just not the concern. Also special and diligent care has been taken on the information technology aspect so that the system does not face any hindrances. The original software has been already tested in the state of Telangana and any issues have been resorted in the trial process.

OUTLOOK OF THE INAUGRATION CEREMONY:

As the Prime Minister will visit an exhibition on the PMJAY at Ranchi he will witness the demonstration of activities as beneficiary identification, and the creation of e-card. The beneficiary will be required to produce any of the special card for treatment in any of the empanelled hospital. The criterion to be beneficiary for the treatment will be that they need to be identified by the Socio –Economic and the Caste Census 2011.

It is a program that will surely be beneficial for the weaker and poorer sections of the society.